The main tourist attraction is the Corvin Castle, a medieval town in the fourteenth century, singular example of fortified noble residence. Hunedoara owned by the Municipality under the name Corvin Castle Museum, is located in the south-west of the town,
500 m from the old center of Liberty Square, at the crossroads and Voinii Cerna.
Cincis Lake is located at a distance of 8 km from Hunedoara, stretching over an area of 867 um, in a place of rare beauty that manages to attract a large number of tourists.
Prislop Monastery is located 20 km de Hunedoara, the way to Hateg in Parang Mountains foothills. This monastic settlement is considered one of the oldest and most famous monasteries in Transylvania.
St. Nicholas Church was built after 1458, under the approval given by the Serbs and Vlachs Matthias to build a church on the site of a church destroyed in 1450 under the initiative of a Catholic monk Capistrano. In 1634 it added a rectangular nave, and bell
tower was added in 1827 on the west side. The painting is dated 1654.Deasupra door there is an inscription which mentions the painting of the church between the years 1634-1654 and I Caian Constantin Stan painters.
Reformed Church of today was built in 1644 by Peter Bethlen and his wife, owners of the feudal castle of Hunedoara. It is a hall-type church. Extension of the altar apse was added to the vessel, having an odd number of laturi.Turnul bell is placed over the
entrance, located on the west side and is baroque. Church organ dates from 1882.
St. George Orthodox Church Streisângiorgiu. Its walls were built between 1140-1150 on the site of an older wooden church. Built in Romanesque style, inside walls are covered with several layers of frescoes, the oldest being dated 1313 and signed on "Theophilus
Zograf. This fresco is one of the oldest in Romania, Hunedoara and painter Theophilos, is the first Romanian painter in the history of Romanian painting.
At approx. 10 Km. The ancient tower of Hunedoara high Strei Orthodox church, the church that dates from the late 13th century. And here the interior walls are covered with paintings, the oldest being dated to the mid 14th century.
Densus Church is a unique monument in the Romanian medieval architecture, built probably during the 13th century.
Ostrov Orthodox Church, built in the 14th century, houses a fresco from 1365.
Govajdia furnace is the world's second industrial furnace, in height, used for extracting iron and built in 1806, can also be visited by tourists today.
5 km. of Hunedoara, Almasu Breakfast, is one of the oldest wooden churches in Romania, historical monument built in 1623. )
Chizid Forest Nature Reserve which covers an area of 50 ha.
The area is a gateway to the Dacian fortresses Orastie Mountains (Blidaru cities and Costesti), for depression Hategului (Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa) and to Geoagiu Bai, nationally recognized resort and thermal mineral waters. In the southern part of the Ore
Mountains are no springs to cane, Hartagani, Paulis, Boholt, Geoagiu, Bozes, Baca, Banpotoc, Chimindia, Rapolt, Carpinis, etc. Rapoltel.