About Nufaru - presentation, information, photos and recommendations
Nufaru recieved a rating of 4.1 / 5 from Direct Booking customers (6 reviews during - ). Customer reviews about Nufaru, Delta Dunarii
Nufăru is a commune located in the northeast of Tulcea county, Dobrogea, Romania, consisting of the villages Ilganii de Jos, Malcoci, Nufăru (residence) and Victoria.
The old name of the village Nufăru was Prislav (officially worn until 1950), then Ada Marinescu until 1965.
Here was the fortress Pereiaslaveț / Preslaveț ("Little Preslav" in Slavonic, named in comparison with the "great" Preslav of Bulgaria). Conquered in 968 by the varge Sveinald or Sviatoslav vareg in Russian, the Pereiaslaveț became for 3 years the capital of the Danube territories of Sveinald, the other territories near the Dnieper being ceded to the sons. Ioan Tzimiskes, the emperor of the Eastern Roman Empire reoccupied the city in 971 and reintegrated it into the empire. Tzimiskes (969-976) renamed the city as Teodoropol (in honor of Saint Theodor Stratilat). The ruins of the fortress are visible today.
Area-specific activities: agriculture, fishing, construction, trade.
The tourist potential of the commune Nufăru is represented by the placement of the commune on the arm of St. George. Taking into account the favorable position (crossing point), the archaeological remains that it houses, Nufăru could enter a touristic circuit with historical temptation, the effects could be beneficial for the whole region. The bank of the Danube upstream of the village could be cleaned and arranged for tourist purposes, because in summer it is attacked by Tulcans, who take refuge here from the city heat. This activity already has a "bridgehead" in the eastern part of the village, where a modern tourist complex, called the Water Star, appeared, and on the Danube bank the pensions of the Danube Rock, Lotus and Nichita.
Also, as tourist objectives we mention the Church (1880) with the dedication of Saint Dumitru (October 26) and Proslavita Fortress is located in Nufăru commune, 12 km downstream from Tulcea, on the right bank of Sfântu Gheorghe.
Nufaru | Nufăru is a commune located in the northeast of Tulcea county, Dobrogea, Romania, consisting of the villages Ilganii de Jos, Malcoci, Nufăru (residence) and Victoria.
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.