About Poiana Brasov - presentation, information, photos and recommendations
Poiana Brasov recieved a rating of 4.6 / 5 from Direct Booking customers (119 reviews during - ). Customer reviews about Poiana Brasov, Transilvania
Poiana Brasov is the most famous winter sports resort in Romania and also an important international tourist center. It has nine ski runs, with varying degrees of difficulty, sports fields, a lake, discos, bars and restaurants. Accommodation is provided in good part to luxury hotels, guesthouses, villa or cottage.
The clean air here, fresh and clean, free of dust and allergens, relatively low atmospheric pressure, and ionization are natural factors that makes the resort for the treatment of asthenic neurosis, weakly and physical and intellectual overexertion, secondary anemia endocrine diseases, respiratory diseases.
Brief History: founded in 1895, Poiana Brasov served as a place for tourism. The first cabin was built in 1904. Poiana Brasov in 1906 was recognized as a winter resort and three years later staged the first winter competitions. In 1951, international games held during winter instead of students. Poiana Brasov today looks more like a small town having luxurious hotels and restaurants.
Postavarului foot resort is situated at an altitude of 1,030 m and the highest mountain peak at an altitude of 1799 m (Vf Cristianul Great), which is an altitude difference of about 800 m.
Average summer temperature is 20 degrees C and -3 degrees C. Winter snow there from mid December until late March, snow depth is 50-60 cm on average. The first flakes of snow fall around late September and the last bit towards the end of April. Blanket of snow can be guaranteed since mid-December and the end of March. Snow has a thickness of about ~ 50 inches and about Clearing. ~ 100 cm on the mountain.
Poiana Brasov has the most dense and most modern mountain tourist facilities in the country. Here we meet two hotels, three and four stars, equipped with swimming pool, conference halls and a riding school, sports or tourist sheepfold. It features nine ski runs and is equipped with two lines and a gondola lift that provides access for tourists to Postavarului peaks, in addition, seasonal, more lift lines.
Poiana Brasov is the ideal place for spending but summer. Mountain climate (air rich in ozone) artificial lake (which offers many recreational opportunities) marked trails (hiking enthusiasts driving the various huts, offering stunning views), comfortable accommodation units etc. fully justify the international reputation this status.
The resort is suitable for active leisure (sports and leisure), with therapeutic effects on central nervous system with positive influences on all vital functions.
Approvals include a range elastic all activities that aim to remove the influence tourist fatigue and stress, offering the most varied means of sports, fun, entertainment and amusement to his physical and spiritual development, rebuilt, and strength necessary to continue daily activities.
Offer specific cold season
* Alpine skiing and the substantive slopes with different degrees of difficulty, being transported by means of lifts;
* Practice of sledging on the slopes specially arranged;
* Practicing skating rink;
* Sleigh rides;
* Learning specialist ski instructors ski school specializing in particular in both alpine skiing and ski for both beginners and advanced, sports centers rental materials.
Offer specific warm season
* Mountain trekking in Postavarul;
* Running and walking terrain slopes are favored by many small and alleys lined by coniferous forests;
* Tennis furnished land near the hotel;
* Mini-golf and handball on the ground of the Lake;
* Ski on grass;
* Boating and pedal boats on Lake Glade;
* Riding courses and do practice equity;
* Recreational fishing;
* Windsurfing and boats on Lake yolle Moacsa (40 km);
* Miniparc entertainment for children.
Apreschi - recreational activities throughout the year:
* Pool, sauna, massage pools in the resort, gym maintenance, bowling alleys, billiard tables;
* Video / multimedia, cinema, electronic games;
* Program folklore, traditional Romanian cuisine, program actions and Romanian folk traditions held at various dates;
* There are kindergartens for children whose staff speaks and languages;
* Trips - Brasov city tour visiting the main objective;
* Excursions to: Bran Castle Complex Saturday, Békás, Bucharest, Northern Moldavia, delta, coastline.
A special attraction in Poiana Brasov is the Equestrian Center. It is located north of the resort, left the road to Brasov, near the Junior Cabana. The center has a barn with a capacity of 26 horses, with all attachments required by a circle (70x50 m) and a multifunctional sports ground.
Tourists may seek the advice of qualified instructors who initiate the art of riding them. Here you can rent the necessary equipment for practicing this sport, and are organized for beginner riding courses with a duration of six days.
It also organizes recreational rides horse cart rides with tilt, with carriages, sleighs and carriages. In the center are given on request, riding demonstrations.
The hotels are located near restaurants Romanian:
Outlaws Hut - restaurant Romanian
Sura Dacian - Romanian restaurant
Hunter - hunter restaurant
Favorite - nightclub
Stana tourism - a restaurant-style sheepfolds
Miorita - folklore program and traditional cuisine.
Poiana Brasov | Poiana Brasov is the most famous winter sports resort in Romania and also an important international tourist center. It has 12 ski trails, with varying degrees of difficulty, sports fields, a lake, discos, bars and restaurants
If you think that the photos or text published in this page infringes copyright laws please notify us using the Contact Page specifying the page url and the content that infringes copyright. Direct Booking uses third party materials and cannot control or verify the origin of the content. Direct Booking will remove any infringing copyright materials from its website and will inform the infringed party about doing so.