The village is situated on a terrace, relatively low, left bank of the Olt, cut of the old riverbed of the river Berivoi.
Fagaras was in ancient times, with Barsa, a refuge area before the enemy, because of its favorable geographic position. Situated on the row component of the Romanian Country (Fagaras and Almas feudal estates rediscovered in the great princely title of Mircea
the Old) and the lordship of the kings of Hungary, Romanian territory is the homeland of the ancient mother once with Great Union of December 1, 1918.
Fagaras City, with its centuries-old city, has long been the political-administrative center of the province, as the residence of the district until 1886, the county between 1886 and 1918 and then the county seat between 1918 and 1950, polarizing the entire
economic life, social political and cultural area.